Current @March 2nd 2021
Visiting MOG locations
If you, or a member of your family, are currently awaiting results of a COVID test please contact us to let us know and we can make arrangements to reschedule your appointment.
Looking for our DHHS visitor register?
When you visit us under the current guidelines, we ask that you be aware of the following;
- Face masks are NOT compulsory, however physical distancing rules must be followed.
- On entry please use hand sanitiser.
- Limiting people in practice to approved waiting room limits based on DHHS guidelines of 1 person for 4m2.
- QR Code sign in for all visitors.
- Patients to arrive with clean teeth 😁 – no brushing facilities are available.
MOG already has very high infection control standards, however, we increased our regime to enable us to safely continue to fulfil our obligations to you, our patients, as well as protecting our staff and orthodontists, and there is no reason why you should not attend your appointment.
Wearing face masks
In line with the most recent changes announced by the DHHS Vic in 2021, face masks are no longer compulsory when visiting MOG locations. Our staff in clinical areas will continue to wear masks as social distancing in these areas is not possible.
Please note that location limits still apply as the 1 person per 4m² guidelines are still in place.
One parent is welcome to accompany the patient into the consulting room and will be seated away from the clinical area. We will then discuss your child’s orthodontic prognosis with you and set in place a plan for treatment if required.
QR Code register
As we are required to keep a record of all people who enter the premises, we have established a contactless system using a QR code. Patients will also need to sign in, however, family groups can sign in together. By using the code to sign in you are declaring that you have no COVID symptoms, have not been asked to self isolate, and you have not been in contact with anybody known to have COVID.
When you scan the code on entering MOG you will be asked for your full name, mobile number, reason for visiting, and areas visited. The system will automatically time stamp you in.
When you leave, you must scan the code again, and on selecting ‘leaving’ you will just need to enter your name so that we can match the entries and the system will automatically time stamp you out.
You can also visit our DHHS Register page directly at MOGortho.com/DHHS
Most Apple and Android phones use the camera to scan QR codes, however, there are separate QR code readers available too.
As per DHHS guidelines, this data will be deleted on a rolling 28-day cycle.
You are welcome in MOG waiting areas
Under new guidelines parents may accompany patients and remain in the waiting area, however as space is limited, it would be helpful if you are able to wait outside.
If you decide to accompany your child into the practice during their appointment, please understand;
- You must use hand sanitiser upon entry.
- You will be required to log your visit on the COVID register as per DHHS guidelines.
- Please maintain appropriate physical distances at all times – as space is limited in our waiting areas, please understand if we have to ask you to wait outside until somebody has left.
Increased infection control procedures
In addition to our regular high standard of infection control & sterilization we have implemented the following;
- Increased sanitation of hard surfaces in highly trafficked areas such as reception, waiting areas, clinical and consulting rooms.
- Hand sanitation stations are set up at the entrance to the practice, and patients will be advised to use sanitation any time they are required to insert or remove an appliance from their mouth.
- Removal of toothbrushing facilities – It is very important that you please take the time to brush your teeth thoroughly prior to your arrival at MOG as clean teeth are essential in order to conduct your orthodontic adjustment. We may not be able to adequately perform your scheduled appointment if your teeth have not been cleaned thoroughly, and you may be asked to reschedule your appointment. (scroll to the end of the post for tips on cleaning your teeth in the car)
- Removal of tea & coffee, magazines & books.
Team member health & safety
- Team members must stay home if they are showing any signs of illness, even if mild, and will not return to work until it is deemed safe to do so by their doctor.
- Increased use of PPE throughout clinical areas as regulations require.
Know the symptoms
As has been the case since the start of the outbreak, we ask that anybody who visits our locations can confirm the following:
- You are not showing any of the known symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath & sore throat.
- You have not been asked to self-isolate.
- You have not been in contact with anybody who is experiencing any COVID symptoms.
- You have not visited any of the known Victorian hotspot locations as listed here on the DHHS site
If yes, please refrain from visiting MOG and call to reschedule your appointment.
How can you brush on the go…
With the temporary removal of our toothbrushing stations, if you have not come from home and have not had an opportunity to give your teeth a good clean we recommend you bring some supplies in the car.
- Bottle of water
- Travel toothbrush – let us know if you need another MOG travel brush.
Naturally, you will also need a container to use as a basin that you can seal and take home.
This is of course not ideal – but these are very exceptional times and it is for your safety as well as other patients and team members that we are asking you to take these precautions.
You can find all the latest government updates about COVID19 below. There is a list of exposure places with days and time, please have a look and if you’ve been into any of these places at those times, self isolate when possible or follow measures regarding testing.
We want to assure every one of our patients – past and present – that we are here for you and will do all we can to help you manage your ongoing braces journey.
If you are concerned at any time, just call your regular MOG location we are always happy to discuss any concerns over the phone or give you advise as to our current standard procedures regarding visits and conducting appointments.