Coronavirus COVID-19 Health Update for visitors to MOG
Current @May 12th 2020
We are excited and somewhat relieved that the National Cabinet, in consultation with the Australian Dental Association, have agreed to further downgrade restrictions on dental procedures. This allows us to resume all treatment for our patients!
MOG already had very high infection control standards, however, we increased our regime to enable us to safely continue to fulfil our obligations to you, our patients in treatment, as well as protecting our staff and orthodontists. and there is no reason why you should not attend your appointment. Some of the changes that were in effect previously will continue as outlined below;
Limitation of consultations
Please note that all consultation appointments will be limited to 15 minutes, and the consult room door will be left open during this time.
One parent is welcome to accompany the patient into the consulting room and will be seated away from the clinical area. We will then discuss your child’s orthodontic prognosis with you and set in place a plan for treatment if required.
Only Patients in Practice if Possible
To enable us to safely enact physical distancing in waiting areas, we ask that if possible, only the person with the appointment enters the building.
The exception to this is children under the age of 12 may be accompanied by an adult into the clinical areas, and of course, consultation appointments where one parent is also welcome.
Increased infection control procedures
In addition to our regular high standard of infection control & sterilization we have implemented the following;
- We have implemented increased sanitation of hard surfaces in highly trafficked areas such as reception, waiting areas, clinical and consulting rooms.
- Hand sanitation stations are set up at the entrance to the practice, and patients will be advised to use sanitation any time they are required to insert or remove an appliance from their mouth.
- Removal of toothbrushing facilities – It is very important that you please take the time to brush your teeth thoroughly prior to your arrival at MOG as clean teeth are essential in order to conduct your orthodontic adjustment. We may not be able to adequately perform your scheduled appointment if your teeth have not been cleaned thoroughly, and you may be asked to reschedule your appointment. (see the bottom of the post for tips on cleaning your teeth in the car)
- Removal of tea & coffee, magazines & books.
Team member health & safety
- Team members must stay home if they are showing any signs of illness, even if mild, and will not return to work until it is deemed safe to do so by their doctor.
- Increased use of PPE throughout clinical areas as regulations require.
Know the symptoms
As has been the case since the start of the outbreak, we ask that anybody who has been overseas recently, or has been in contact with anybody who is ill, or shows any of the known symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath & sore throat to please refrain from visiting MOG and call to reschedule your appointment.
How can you brush on the go…
With the temporary removal of our toothbrushing stations, if you have not come from home and have not had an opportunity to give your teeth a good clean we recommend you bring some supplies in the car.
- Bottle of water
- Travel toothbrush – let us know if you need another MOG travel brush.
Naturally, you will also need a container to use as a basin that you can seal and take home.
This is of course not ideal – but these are very exceptional times and it is for your safety as well as other patients and team members that we are asking you to take these precautions.
You can find all the latest government updates about COVID19 below. There is a list of exposure places with days and time, please have a look and if you’ve been into any of these places at those times, self isolate when possible or follow measures regarding testing.
We want to assure every one of our patients – past and present – that we are here for you and will do all we can to help you manage your ongoing braces journey.
If you are concerned at any time, just call your regular MOG location we are always happy to discuss any concerns over the phone or give you advise as to our current standard procedures regarding visits and conducting appointments.
See our FAQ here, these are updated as regulations change.