Current @November 1st 2021
Visiting MOG locations
With much excitement, we confirm that we are back for all appointments – however all the normal COVID safe rules still apply and we are still limiting the number of visitors moving through our locations when possible.
We advise that due to the high number of COVID cases currently in Metropolitan Melbourne, to minimise risk to staff and other patients we ask that ONLY patients are to enter each location at this time. If you are accompanying a child under the age of 12 or if you are attending a consultation appointment ONE parent may also enter. Please help us reduce any unnecessary contact by following these guidelines.
As always, if you are unwell, have visited a known public exposure site, have been asked to isolate or are awaiting test results you should call us and postpone your appointment.
Thank you for your co-operation in using the Service VIC contact tracing check-in.
Looking for our DHHS visitor register?
When you visit us under the current guidelines, we ask that you be aware of the following;
- Face masks are still compulsory indoors, and physical distancing rules must be followed.
- On entry please use hand sanitiser.
- Limiting people in practice to patients only – unless under the age of 12 or you are attending a consultation appointment.
- Please note approved waiting room limits based on DHHS guidelines of 1 person for 4m².
- QR Code sign-in for all visitors using the Service Victoria App.
- Patients to arrive with clean teeth 😁 – no brushing facilities are available.
MOG already has very high infection control standards, however, we increased our regime to enable us to safely continue to fulfil our obligations to you, our patients, as well as protecting our staff and orthodontists.
Wearing face masks
In line with the most recent changes announced by the DHHS Vic, face masks are still compulsory indoors.
Please note that location limits still apply as the 1 person per 4m² guideline is still in place.
QR Code register – it is a requirement that we now use the Service Victoria check-in app.
Patients and parents will need to sign in. By using the code to sign in you are declaring that you have no COVID symptoms, have not been asked to self isolate, and you have not been in contact with anybody known to have COVID.
You no longer need to scan out.
You can also visit our DHHS Register page directly for the location codes if needed at MOGortho.com/DHHS
Most Apple and Android phones use the camera to scan QR codes, however, there are separate QR code readers available too.
Increased infection control procedures
In addition to our regular high standard of infection control & sterilization we have implemented the following;
- Increased sanitation of hard surfaces in highly trafficked areas such as reception, waiting areas, clinical and consulting rooms.
- Hand sanitation stations are set up at the entrance to the practice, and patients will be advised to use sanitation any time they are required to insert or remove an appliance from their mouth.
- Removal of toothbrushing facilities – It is very important that you please take the time to brush your teeth thoroughly prior to your arrival at MOG as clean teeth are essential in order to conduct your orthodontic adjustment. We may not be able to adequately perform your scheduled appointment if your teeth have not been cleaned thoroughly, and you may be asked to reschedule your appointment. (scroll to the end of the post for tips on cleaning your teeth in the car)
- Removal of tea & coffee, magazines & books.
Team member health & safety
- Team members must stay home if they are showing any signs of illness, even if mild, and will not return to work until it is deemed safe to do so by their doctor.
- Increased use of PPE throughout clinical areas as regulations require.
Know the symptoms
As has been the case since the start of the outbreak, we ask that anybody who visits our locations can confirm the following:
- You are not showing any of the known symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath & sore throat.
- You have not been asked to self-isolate.
- You have not been in contact with anybody who is experiencing any COVID symptoms.
- You have not visited any of the known Victorian hotspot locations as listed here on the VicGov Coronavirus site
If yes, please refrain from visiting MOG and call to reschedule your appointment.
How can you brush on the go…
With the temporary removal of our toothbrushing stations, if you have not come from home and have not had an opportunity to give your teeth a good clean we recommend you bring some supplies in the car.
- Bottle of water
- Travel toothbrush – let us know if you need another MOG travel brush.
Naturally, you will also need a container to use as a basin that you can seal and take home.
This is of course not ideal – but these are very exceptional times and it is for your safety as well as other patients and team members that we are asking you to take these precautions.
You can find all the latest government updates about COVID19 below. There is a list of exposure places with days and time, please have a look and if you’ve been into any of these places at those times, self isolate when possible or follow measures regarding testing.
We want to assure every one of our patients – past and present – that we are here for you and will do all we can to help you manage your ongoing braces journey.